Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Robert had his first chemo treatment on Monday and everything went well. On Tuesday he got his port put in too, and that also went well. The port is under the skin. He is feeling good! Hurray! Renissa's and Ryan's families made it here today so we will be able to have a happy Thanksgiving! God Bless everyone! Save travels to you and a very Happy Thanksgiving from all of the Berning's to all of you!


Giving ThanksFor the hay and the corn and the wheat that is reaped,
For the labor well done, and the barns that are heaped,
For the sun and the dew and the sweet honeycomb,
For the rose and the song and the harvest brought home --
Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving!

For the trade and the skill and the wealth in our land,
For the cunning and strength of the workingman's hand,
For the good that our artists and poets have taught,
For the friendship that hope and affection have brought --
Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving!

For the homes that with purest affection are blest,
For the season of plenty and well-deserved rest,
For our country extending from sea unto sea;
The land that is known as the "Land of the Free" --
Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving!
author unknown

3 comments:

Pam said...

Happy Thanksgiving Berning Bunch. I hope you have a great day. Glad the chemo went well! Roxie I had a dream the night before last that you had a baby, then last night I dreamt my girlfriend Kari had one. Do you think I have baby on the mind? Also, did you finish your book Keeping Faith? I finished it and read The Memory Makers Daughter while on vacation and I really liked it. Thanks for the telling me about it!! Love You guys, pam and family xooxox

Roxie said...

1

Roxie said...

We are very Thankful this Thanksgiving for all the blessings that have been bestowed upon us. Family, friends, prayers, gifts, phone calls, messages, cards, masses,and love and concerns from everybody.
We are thankful that Robert didn't get sick from his first treatment and that his port is doing OK.
We are thankful that Jill & Rod hosted Thanksgiving dinner, sure saved me lots of stress with not spending much time at home this last week.
We are thankful Renissa's and Ryan's had save travels here. We always enjoy the little ones and also the teenagers.
Happy Thankgiving to everyone and hope to see lots of family at Elmer and LuLu's 60th Anniversary on Saturday at Colby.
Pam, I haven't had any time to read, so no I haven't gotten my books finished. I did start "The Last Lecture" and it maybe wasn't the book I should have been reading while Robert was at his first treatment. Kinda weepy!
Love and Prayers to all of our many wonderful family and friends.
Love, Robert & Roxie