Monday, February 9, 2009

Robert got sick this morning for about 1 1/2 hr and then he was OK.Sure glad it didn't last very long.Went to Mass at the Assissi Heights. It is a convent and a beautiful church. We would like to tour it sometime but it takes 1 1/2 to do it, so will have to see when Robert feels good enough to do it.Walked to the Civic Center to a flea market this afternoon. Left all the fleas there.Came back to the Lodge and two young girls helped me make heart sugar cookies. I felt like at home when Laura and Shae come out to bake. Helped my homesickness!Have meet some very nice people. I think this will make our long stay much more enjoyable.Still have the shingles, but maybe everyday they will get a little better. Thanks to everyone for keeping in touch. We love to hear from home. Love ya, Roxie

4 comments:

Jill Berning said...

Papa- we hope that you get to feeling better soon! We miss you and love ya lots! Rowdy is doing really good, he has adjusted quit well. Nana- my mom gets the shingles and hives a lot, I bought her some benadrly creme and it seems to help it! It seems like she gets over it faster when she uses that. love ya lots Rod, Jill, Shae & Chandler PS Shae was just talking about making cookies with you on Sat!

Sheila Boyd said...

Just wanted to let you know that i am thinking about you. Hope your shingles are better. I get them and they are miserable. Wish I was there to eat some of your sugar cookies. Seen Rowdy over the weekend. He sure is a cute one. Take care, my thoughts are prayers are with you both.
Sheila

Roxie said...

Robert got his chemo pump refilled this afternoon and his blood work all looked OK. He is getting more tired every day. We have to walk a long ways from the Lodge to his treatments but we take it slow.
It was misty here today but the temps weren't too bad. We only have to be outside about a block so that isn't bad.
The Hope Lodge is wonderful and we have meet some very nice and interesting people. I guess if we have to be here, it is a nice "Home away from Home".
We did take a guided tour of the Mayo clinic today. It was very interesting and learned things we didn't know. What a place!!!!
My shingles are a little better today but give me fits at nightime when I lay down.
Sending love and hugs home to everyone. Love, Roxie

Sandy said...

Hi Rox and Robert, just thinking of you. Hope you get better soon from the shingles and hope Robert can keep up his engery. I am praying for both of you. Love Hermaine