Thursday, February 26, 2009

Today has been a long day at the hospital. We started at 7 this morn and didn't get back to the Lodge until about 5.We did CT scan, Radiation, Radiation Dr appt and then infusion of meds for the infection.I did take a quick hour nap while he was taking his meds and when I went back, he was itching and bright red. I called the nurse in and he was alergic to Vanco. They called it the Red Syndrom. They gave him benedryl and kept him for another hour to make sure he was OK before turning us loose. They had him on two diffferent kinds of antibiotics. We were suppose to go back tonight at 9:00 p.m. for another round but after the reaction, they canceled it. Thank Goodness! He is worn out and up in the room sleeping. I took supper up to the room even though that is discouraged.We start back at it again in the morn with infusion @ 7:30. They said to plan on 3 hours to have it drip in. Long day again. Not sure where or what the infection is yet but they want to get a good start on it. Hopefully tomorrow we can talk to some Dr to find out results of the CT scan.Didn't make it to Ash Wednesday today, I guess the Good Lord knew we did our duty at the hospital.We did obey though and fast and eat salmon patties.Our friend Kathy went home today and we all had to cry. She was such a great friend. She left us some neat books to read. Wishing her the best on her breast cancer journey! She is so young and full of energy! She has a lot to live for and lots to do yet. She is a great touring partner. We have great memories of all that we did while she was here.Will keep you posted. Love, Roxie
February 25, 2009 7:14 PM

3 comments:

Sandy said...

So sorry to hear all this Rox, I hope Robert gets better soon, that has to be so hard on both of you. Keep your engery up and get your rest as you don't need to get sick to. Thanks for sending the message on the blog so we can keep up with what is going on. Love You and my heart goes out to you and Robert. Love Hermaine

Roxie said...

Test, I'm tried to report twice and it wouldn't go through. Rox

Roxie said...

It has been a long week. Robert has IV meds twice a day. 7:30 a.m and 7:30 p.m. Vancomyecin and another I think called empancin??
The Vanco is heavy duty so hope the do the job. We have a Dr appt @ 4 this afternoon so hope to find out some results. We also have radiation everyday and three days a week we have a survey meeting for 1 1/2 hours. I need a nap and hope to get one this afternoon. We didn't get back to the Lodge last night until 11:30. The IV drip takes about 3 hours. Want to do it slow after the reaction on Monday. Todd Biel has been helping me push Robert over in the wheelchair. Sometimes the tunnels are long pushing uphill. He is a blessing.
I made supper for 5 others in our kitchen last night. We had chicken and rice, green beans and tossed salad. Todd furnished the ice cream with all the toppings.
They call me the "Betty Crocker" of the kitchen but Louise says that isn't true. She calles me Julia Childs... I don't compare to either but I guess some people don't cook.
Darren & Renissa are going to court today to see if Miss Camrea will become Camrea Riley. Please keep them all in your prayers. Camrea deserves a loving family.
Ryan is having some tests done in Wichita today. Some kind of kidney problems???? I'm anxious to hear from both of them. Always somthing to worry about.
It snowed here last night, about 5 inches. Robert would love to have the moisture at home for the wheat.
Better get back to his room, he was sleeping when I left but will be looking for me.
I'll try and update this evening after we hopefull find out what is causing the infection.
Love, Roxie