Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Papa got up and walked 5 times today which is really good. We were also able to take him outside for some fresh air. He still can not eat which makes him fussy- who wouldn't get fussy not eating. Tomorrow we think that they will be giving him a liquid diet. The doctors and nurses think he is progressing very rapidly. Roxie was able to take a nap with the kids being here. Rod, Robbie, Renissa, Chandler and I will be heading home tomorrow morning around 9am. Darren is going to meet us in Salina and pick up Renissa. We will be making the drive in one day. Ryan will be staying for a few more days with Roxie.

3 comments:

Roxie said...

It's amazing what a little sleep can do for the body. 10 hours in one day, boy, I feel like a Queen!
Sure will miss the kids when they go home. Ryan will stay and keep Robert and I both on the straight an narrow.........
I know I can take care of things when I'm left here alone! "I'm not King Kong, but my body is strong!!! I can do it by myself!"
Famous words from Laura in Kindergarten.
Love to all!
Roxie

Mark and Pam said...

Robert! no big scar for show and tell. How are you going to impress the other kids on the block.haha!Been with those 4 year olds to000 long. Glad to hear that you are doing so well And your coming out party was a sucess. Roxie you must find time to rest so you can be at your best. We don't need you in a bed beside Robert. May the good lord continue to give all of you strength and peace. Have a safe trip home to the travelers tomorrow. Pam and Mark

robert berning said...

Hey Robert: Thought you might like to know that one of your big wind towers got stuck in the lot at Leoti Greentech last Saturday after you left. He completely tore up our lot but we used your 8650 to pull him out to the highway.

He wanted to know what he owed us but we said "that's okay---this one is on Robert" Wish I had thought to take you pictures...maybe next time. He was headed south to Oklahoma with the lower section.

Cloudy, cold and drizzle the last few days in Leoti...not many people in the field.

Your Friends at Leoti Greentech