Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Talked to Dr's tonight. Robert still has some liquid on his lungs so needs to walk more & use his breather more. They will watch him and maybe dismiss him tomorrow.He is taking all his meds by mouth and has acted and felt better today than any day that we have been here. He walked down to the courtyard three times today. I wheeled him back in the wheelchair but at least he got some fresh air and exercise.. The Dr's said he is making good progress. I sure hope so because I'm ready to go home!!!!! He wanted the grain markets so is starting to want to run the farm again in his bed. He is still mad at us for leaving his billfold at Augusta..... Not sure if he wanted to send me flowers or what he needed it for, but oh well......... I'm sure it is still there! Still not eating much but I guess that will take time for appetite to come back. Grumpy, Grumpy and if he doesn't stop, I'm going to get grumpy too....... ha! Tomorrow will be a week that he has been back in so it is time to get out. We'll let you know as soon as we know something.Rox Gotta go, I'm hungry and tired.
September 24, 2008 7:21 PM

3 comments:

Deb Kroeker said...

It's encouraging to read your reports--sounds like Robert is improving every day. Even though it feels like baby steps sometimes, at least you're moving in the right direction. Take one day at a time, and know that we haven't forgotten you!!

Roxie said...

Robert called me from the hospital at 7:10 to say they will dismiss him today. He thought I should be there "right now!" I've been through this a time or two already and know that it isn't Leoti Kansas of American that when they say you are dismissed, you can walk out!!! It will probably be noon before we get out of there. Not sure when we will start home.
I would start "right now" if it were up to me, but better be safe than sorry so we will take it one day at a time. Better get over there before he sends the troops after me. Love, Rox

Roxie said...

Brecken and Tate, we will be praying for you as you go to see about the results of your tests today. Keeping you in thoughts and prayer. I know things will turn out OK and you will be able to handle what the Lord has planned for you. Let us know.
Love, Gram & Papa