Sunday, October 5, 2008

We made it to Des Moines, Iowa last night about 6:30 p.m.Long drive but today should be shorter. We should get to Rochester early and will go to the Hotel and relax before the two stressful days of appointments and then the long road home again.I did work Friday at the office and it felt good to be back for a few hours of what use to be normal.Hopefully I can get back on track after we get home and see what the chemo schedule will be. R.T. has been very good to me but my sick leave and vacation time is running out. Corporate is who we both have to report to. R.T.'s Dad died last Sunday so I went to that funeral on Wed in Cimarron. No stress in his life either with that and then the stock market ups and downs and me being out of the office!!!! The gal from Colby came down last Thursday and covered the office with our on-call so that was a lifesaver with both he and I being gone. They buried his Dad in Texas so he had to do that Thurs and we had Dr appt in Leoti.Will keep everyone posted when we know more about what our schedules will be.Thanks for everything........Love and prayers,Rox Posted by Roxie to Robert Berning at October 5, 2008 8:39 AM

2 comments:

Roxie said...

I have Robert settled in his "KING" size bed. We arrived in Rochester about 12:30 p.m.
He wanted steak so we stopped at Out Back Steak and he did eat most of his steak. I finished it off.
There is no free internet at our hotel so I walked down to the GRAND KAHLER to use this one. Couldn't beleive ours didn't have one. Oh, well, I'll probably be to busy to use it anyway the next two days.
Guess I'll go back and either pay bills and get things caught up or start reading a good book that my friends from Edward Jones sent to me. "Keeping Faith" by Jodi Picoult.
It is overcast and cool here. About 57 degrees. I'm not a cold weather bird so I don't like it, but I'd better get use to it if I'm going to be here in Dec.....
Hope to see everyone soon when we get home for more than a few days.
I'm ready to get back to some kind of a norman schedule.
Love and prayers,
Rox

The Mountain Easy Riders said...

Glad you made it to Rochester safely. Robert, that is great that you are getting your appetite back, especially steak! It is beautiful in the mountains right now with the aspens changing but I think this weekend is the peak and the leaves will be gone by next weekend. We took the Harley up to Sqaw Pass last weekend and took pictures but they just don't do the beauty justice. I have managed to catch ML's crud but I don't seem to have quite as bad of case as he did. Started taking Airborne. I swear it works but the media keeps saying it is just a hoax. Oh well, I will take mind over matter. Instead of paying bills, Rox, read your book and take it easy. Hope you get a schedule going so things can settle down a little. Love & Prayers, Relda & ML