Saturday, February 14, 2009

Friday night 9:30 p.m.Another week down. Robert is still doing ok. Thank goodness.Today was a better day. I slept the best last night that I have slept since we got here, even with being in bed all day yesterday!Robert's appt was @ 12:45 and then I walked over and viewed the ice sculptures. They were fun to look at. Robert went back to nap.I went to Walmart again, $$$$$$$$ on groceries. I decided to treat myself for Valentine's day so I had a manicure. The first thing I have done for myself since we got here.If Robert feels up to it tomorrow, we might try again to go to Mall of America. I know it will be an exhausting day so we will see. Another couple from Michigan want to go with us if Janet is up to it. She has cervical cancer and they don't have a car here. Them and us went to the Canadian Honker tonight for a Valentine's supper.They had a live Jazz Band playing.My kids and I ate there last summer while we were here for Robert's surgery. Nice place and good food. Yes, kids, I had the same oh, same oh, vegetable beef soup and chicken salad sand. Dad celebrated and had Prime Rib. So glad he is still being able to have an appetite.Thanks to everyone for all the valentines and letters. We look forward to the mail everyday. Today was lots of bills!!!! Imagine that!!!My curfew is up so better get up to the room before the possee comes to get me or my phone rings.He doesn't realize how much time it takes to answer emails and update the blog. The computers are in the basement of this big house. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.We love you All.............Robert & Roxie

2 comments:

bud and frances said...

Roxie & Robert= Happy Valentine's day to you two= We went to a 50th Wedding Ann. party today=Was a nice occasion= 4 Couples in our church were married on Valentine's
day= Roxie hope you are over all your sickness!!!! Take care and love you guys!!!!! Frances & Bud

Roxie said...

Happy Valentine's Day to All!
We finally got to go to Mall of America! WOW is all I can say.
It is overwhelming! Didn't do much shopping, just walked and around and looked!
Robert took me to "Bubba Gumps" for lunch. It was fun, kinda like our lives at the moment! "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your are going to get until you dive into it each day!" That's our life! Took some pictures so will show everyone when we get them developed.
Yesterday morning, we woke up to crows fighting. It sounded like a war zone! Our car that was white looked like a Dalmation Dog. Crow do-do all over it. Reminded me of the Alfred Hickok movie "The Birds!" I've never seen so many crows in one place. All over the place!
Please keep Renissa's babysitter and her family in your prayers. Renissa just called me to let me know that Penny's father in law
died @ 4:14 today. He was diagnosed with cancer about a month ago. They did surgery in Topeka and then took him to MD Anderson in Houston. They didn't have a name for the cancer and had never seen anything like it before.
It was the granddaughter's birthday today and I think Katie was 16. Our prayers go out to them.
Our God is an awsome God and we are so thankful he has decided to give us one day at a time. We never know when he might call anyone of us.
We love you. Love and prayers,
Robert & Roxie