Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Can anyone hear me screaming?????Our last appt on Thursday is at 12:15 p.m. so we won't be getting out of town early like I thought.They still think he needs meds in his port for two more days and they messed up on todays schedule so that prolongs the stay. I guess better safe than sorry!Pot luck is tonight and it will be Bitter Sweet! We have made many wonderful lifetime friends and I'm sure some tears will be shed saying goodby. Goodby's have never been my best thing to do. I always like to say "SEE YA!"Sounds like the Spring like weather in Kansas has come to an end. Talked to Rod and he said it had turned cold. We'll feel like we are still in Minnesota.......Tomorrow night we will go out to supper with the two couples that make us laugh so will be fun to laugh again before we leave.Met a nice Mennonite fellow that voulenteers at the radiation department that has two sisters that live in Pence. He called and wanted to take us out to supper but our schedules won't work. It was very nice of him. His name was Leslie Amoth and his sisters are Mrs David Dirks and Mrs Robert Koehn from Pence. Fern and Frances. I'll have to tell our Mennonite friends at home about him when we get there. I'm sure he will look us up if he ever gets to Kansas.Hope to see you all SOON!Two more nights at the Lodge!Love, Roxie
March 10, 2009 2:03 PM

1 comment:

Roxie said...

Robert will be ringing the bell tomorrow at approx 9:30.
Ring this bell
Three times well
The toll to clearly say
My treatments are done
It's course has run
And I am on my way!

Please join with us by ringing bells at home three times to help us celebrate another part of our journey. What a journey!!!!!

We will try and get to Kansas City tomorrow night and then on to Augusta on Friday and home Saturday! We'll follow the yellow brick road! I have my ruby red slippers ready to click and Dorothy and Toto will lead us home to Kansas! YEA!!!!

See ya all soon!
Love to all, Robert and Roxie